“Clueless, totally clueless.” My daughter Margot’s harsh words about her college friends understanding of money and wealth. They don’t know (and you probably don’t either)
o Why a budget is necessary but not one that sucks out all the joy in life
o How to manage credit cards
o How much to pay for housing
o Finding a place to live that is a home, not an apartment
o How and when to buy a house
o What job is right for now and what job is right for later
o What is needed in the way life, health, and car insurance
o How to invest
o What to invest in.
o -Simply, how to get rich.
How to manage money is not taught in school. Personal finance is on the job training with no instruction manual. This blog is set up to provide answers and insights to all these issues in plain, simple, non-preachy, English.
We will cover real life situations including
• Creating an investment strategy in ten minutes that will last ten years
• Marriage-What does love have to do with it?
• Buy the car that will last five years but pay for it in two years
• Make insurance easy, really
• Beat Citibank, or any other bank, at their credit card game
• Buy a house for 30% off--anytime, anyplace
• Guarantee retirement, when you’re 22
• How much you need to make to live the life you want to live
• What rich really means.
Ask Uncle Bill reverses the odds for you in your battle against debt and a lifetime of living paycheck to paycheck. This blog maps out simple steps that, applied over time, will make you a winner and independent and, most importantly, wealthy. And if you don’t see what you want, just Ask Uncle Bill.